Friday, September 26, 2014

Calvary Cristian School is Awesome!


My name is Rikako Yoshida. I’m an international student from Japan. 
Before I came here, I was in Seattle, where everyone called me Karen, my English name. I’m really glad that Calvary Christian School’s students and teachers call me by my real name.

It took me a lot of courage to come to the America. Before I left Japan, I was filled with anxiety. But American people were so kind. I was impressed by the warm welcome. All of my friends, teachers, and host family, are so kind.

In Japan, it is traditionally a men-dominant culture. Nowadays, we rarely see men discriminate against women in Japan, but there isn’t the custom of letting ladies go first. However in America, men are really kind. I was so surprised and happy to see that.

I’m not used to how Americans joke, so I’m always laughing. I’m really happy. I’m leading a full life.

Classes at school are hard for me, but teachers and my friends support me. So it’ll work out all right.
I want to talk with everyone more. One of my friend recently said to me, “You are quiet!” But I’m not quiet - I want to speak English more!
My heart is full. Why are Calvary Christian School’s students so kind?!?! I love everyone. I really don’t know how to thank you.

I’m proud of being a student at Calvary Christian School. I’m still inexperienced, so I hope you will guide me. Thank you!!!

Rikako Yoshida, Sophomore

No comments:

Post a Comment