Saturday, October 4, 2014

A New School

The first day I came to Calvary Christian I was pretty nervous. I was constantly thinking of how I would fit in and if I would fit in. Also, the thought of "would every one be nice" kept running its course through my mind. I was the new kid and I had never felt that way before in my life! You can just imagine how nervous I was!

I walked through the front doors and after being introduced to a few of the girls in my class, I saw that they were nice and very inviting. After a couple of minutes more girls kept showing up! I didn't realize how many girls were in my ninth grade class! My feelings suddenly changed. I had a feeling I was going to like my new school very much.

During the few days of our retreat, I got to know the girls very well and it felt like we were already like family. It was amazing how that all happened so quickly! I even got to know other people outside of my class and others on my volleyball team.

Now that I have been in school for about a month I have really enjoyed it. I really don't understand why I was so nervous before. I feel like I have been at Calvary all my life and it's kind of scary to think I've been here for such a short amount of time. I thought it was so cool that everyone just accepted me quickly and made me feel right at home. I think I will absolutely love this school year and being with all my new friends. 


Haven Borghi, Freshman

No comments:

Post a Comment