Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The "New" Student

As a new student at Calvary Christian Schools, I really thought that I wouldn’t make friends that fast. But, as the year progresses, I am making more and more friends. When I went to the prospective student day last year, I figured that I could fit in at CCS. Now that I am at the school, I found how easy it is to be friends with a majority of the high school. It makes me feel really good to know that I am accepted.

Probably some of the most hospitable people were Britney Zehr, Alec Cammenga, Maddison Price, and Carson Burgess. These guys are some of my best friends at CCS, and I cannot tell them enough how grateful that they were so hospitable. I can see that there is a lot of love at this school.

With the amount of love I see at this school, I also see a great display of sportsmanship. When the boys varsity soccer team plays a game, they always have great sportsmanship with the other team and each other. I never see a player/players exclude a teammate. I also see this with the varsity volleyball team. The girls always try to do as much as they can to encourage other players on either team. This is a really respectable trait to have when you are part of a team.

I think I have made a great decision in coming to CCS. Still, there is a lot more to discover about everything here. I really like how open everybody is and the environment here.

Nick Roberts, Junior

No comments:

Post a Comment