Saturday, February 25, 2012

Swing Dancing


Recently I went to a swing dance “class” (I wouldn’t really call it a class as much as a club) that really showed me that I didn’t have to care about how I walk or looked.   It is one of the extracurricular activities staged here at Calvary. It is mostly a student run program (with a couple of adults thrown in to make sure that we don’t kill anyone) that was plainly begun solely so that students can feel  free to express themselves through the great art of swing dance.

Personally swing dance was really hard for me to learn because of some complications with my physical abilities. I just had to learn to look past that and just move to the motions. After about a half an hour of grueling and frustrating failure I finally got the knack for it. At this class I feel that everyone is so easygoing.

I would HIGHLY recommend you attend this program. The kids are so nice and the music is hip and fast.  Even if you come to utterly release some energy I know after one time you would be hooked. There is also food and water. Oh, yeah TONS of water.  Some of the dance moves we do consist of the guy turn, the simple spin, the bow and arrow, and my favorite the pretzel.

But this isn’t just swing dancing, we also do some line dances. I promise if you come you will be hooked.

- Gage Berg, Freshman

No comments:

Post a Comment